Interesting little known facts about Termites:
- The total weight of all the termites in the world is more than the weight of all the humans in the world.
- Termite colonies eat non-stop, 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
- Some termite species’ queens can lay 15 to 25 eggs per minute–and over 40,000 per day
- Wood isn’t the only thing they eat: Some termites have been known to eat plastic, fabrics and wallpaper
- Each termite has many microbiomes: In their hindgut alone, termites can hold as many as 1,400 species of bacteria.